Iron Mountain Inn Bed and Breakfast – Johnson County TN Restaurants
• Butler Trading Post – Hamburgers, hot dogs, salad bar, fish fry Friday night, and barbeque Saturday night. Casual, friendly and good food.
• Monsoon’s – Thai – Best egg rolls you will ever eat. Casual, busy, local favorite, can make it hot and spicy or not, it’s up to you. Try her cucumber salad! One of my favorites – Closed Sunday and Wednesday.
• LaCuchina Italian Kitchen – Northern Italian – You need a reservation. Small, casual, and Matteo prepares everything fresh using locally grown herbs, salad makings and farm raised meats. Reservations needed!! 423-727-0205. My favorite? Stuffed ravioli with shaved truffles and the caprese salad! Open Thursday-Saturday evening.
• Watauga Lake Winery – Only open for Sangria and wood fired pizza on Saturday from noon-3:00. Specialty pizza each week! Try the margarita pizza! Then go to the tasting room and be sure to try the peach wine.
• Suba’s – Continental Cuisine prepared by graduates of Johnson and Wales Culinary school. Start with dessert! My favorite main course? However Rich prepares his shrimp dishes.
• Poblanos Mexican Grill is TexMex – You’ll take some home for tomorrow’s lunch. Lots of choices and I’ve not had a bad meal.
So come to Johnson County TN nestled between Boone, NC to our east and Damascus, VA to our west. Be like the bear, come over the mountain where everything is “just right”.